Matsumoku to Jan 1987, 1987-88
First appears in the April 1987 US price list at $569 as the Genesis II bass (The catalogue calls it ‘Genesis bass’).
Priced at $525 in the sept 1987 pricelist, also appears at the same price in the Jan 1988 price list.
Same body shape as the Genesis I and II 6 strings, but the headstock is the same shape as on the Thunder series.
- body: Canadian Ash
- neck: Canadian hard rock Maple
- fingerboard: Rosewood
- graphite nut
- 24 frets
- scale length not mentioned in the Limited Editions catalogue
- pickups: Magnabass III and IV Master volume
- two tone controls
- Magnacast bridge
- transparent Walnut and Burgundy finishes: XA6520TWA and TBU
- Poplar (Burgundy Pearl finish: XA6520BUP
Thanks to Kevin Ross for these pictures:
Thanks to Dean Tucker for these pictures: