Produced for the 65th anniversary of St Louis Music. Info from the 1987 Limited Editions catalogue: This model only appears in the Limited Editions catalogue, and the April 1987 US pricelist where it is listed as the Corsair DLX, priced at $599.
- body is solid Poplar (XA1420SBL) or Flamed Maple (XA1420TBU)
- Canadian hard rock Maple neck
- Rosewood 350mm radius fingerboard
- 25.5 inch scale
- 22 frets, 18% Nickel Silver
- graphite nut.
- 2 Magnaflux 6 active pickups
- 3 way switch
- master volume and master tone controls
- Bendmaster Deluxe trem with fine tuners and locking nut
- available in Transparent Burgundy (XA1420TBU) or Sky Blue (XA1420SBL)
New July 2016! These pictures courtesy of Forum member westbone.
Note that this is a Made in Japan Matsumoku instrument (click to enlarge)
The following excerpt is from Tom Presley, Westone’s Product Manager (read full article HERE)
“These guitars are very high quality Japanese made instruments that are priced like Korean made…They have bound bodies, the Bendmaster DLX locking tremolo system and a totally new active pickup system”